INCLUSION (SEND), EQUALITY & DIVERSITY
Wonersh and Shamley Green C of E Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of provision and opportunity throughout the school community for both children, parents, staff and governors. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
- To ensure children of all backgrounds and all needs are included in our school equally
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities
- To allow equal access to information for all parents
- To ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS AND DISABILITY
At Wonersh and Shamley Green Church of England Primary School, we are committed to offering an inclusive curriculum to ensure the best possible progress for all of our pupils whatever their needs or abilities.
Central to our SEND work is the core belief that every teacher is a teacher of every pupil, including those with special educational needs.
At Wonersh and Shamley Green Primary School we want each child to achieve his/her best, to become confident individuals living fulfilling lives and to make a successful transition into their next school.
Mrs Jennifer Korda, SENDCO and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead. Mrs Korda is also our Designated Teacher for Looked After Children. Working days Monday/Tuesday/Thursday 9.15am - 2.30pm, Wednesday 8am - 5pm. Contact 01483 892 345 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Surrey / WSG School SEND Information
All Surrey schools have been asked to outline the provision in place in school to support children with additional special educational needs or disabilities using the Surrey Local Offer Website
SIASS (Surrey SEND Information Advice and Support Service) provides impartial, confidential and free support to empower parents children and young people with special needs - for more information please use this link SSIASS
We are committed to ensuring that we are an inclusive school which caters for all differing abilities and needs. If however you are a parent and wish to raise a concern please follow the process outlined in our Complaints Procedure which can be located here Complaints Procedure Statement
Mrs Jennifer Korda runs regular clinics for all parents and carers in our school community. These can be booked via Scopay. Our current dates for the Spring Term 2023 are 11th January, 18th January, 1st February, 8th February, 22nd February, 1st March, 8th March, 22nd March.
SEND Coffee Mornings
WSG Parent Support Coffee Morning
All are welcome to our next coffee morning on Wednesday 1st March 2023 in the DT room straight after drop-off (please sign in at the office). These informal mornings offer an opportunity to meet with other parents and chat with Mrs Korda (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) and Mrs Bullen (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant).
These are some of the topics we have discussed at previous coffee mornings:
- Supporting your child with their school work
- Sleep / diet / exercise concerns
- Family relationships
- Supporting your children with their social and emotional needs
- Accessing support in the local area for your family / child
We look forward to seeing you there!