From April 2013, the government has provided each school with additional funding to help primary schools to improve the quality of sport and Physical Education for all children.
We use this funding to encourage children to be active and to enjoy sports. We aim to achieve this by improving confidence and expertise amongst staff, enabling the planning and delivery of high-quality PE lessons and to improve the fitness levels of all children. We also plan to give children the opportunity to try more unusual sports and the opportunity to take part in various sporting events.
For example to date, this has been spent on:
- Buying new equipment and resources, including resources for athletics and gym.
- Active Surrey Conference and other training for teachers and teaching assistants
- Transport costs to enable children to attend sports events
- Intermediate Cricket Coaching
- Supply cover for continuing professional development and staff release time
- Subscription to the Youth Sport Trust
- Surrey Outdoor Learning Training for pupils
- Dance workshops
- Athletics training
The impact is measured
- Pupil attitudes and participation levels
- Staff confidence in planning and delivery
- Quality of planning and delivery
- Use of resources and equipment
2018 - 2019
Our full year allocation is expected to be £18070.00. Plans for 2018-2019
The measurable impact of the Sports Premium allocation can be seen in the attached document.
The account of expenditure for 2016-2017 and 2017-2018